The weekend of May 13, 14 and 15, 2016 we will be having our Trail To First Class camp session at Millersylvania State Park. Millersylvania is an 842 acre park 10 miles south of Olympia, Washington. The park has 6 miles of trails, old-growth cedar and fir trees, and also features camping and 3,300 feet of freshwater shoreline on Deep Lake. The address is 12245 Tilley Road S., Olympia, WA 98512
We will be camping in tents this year. This is an annual Troop Campout with the purpose of having the older Scouts teach the younger Scouts various skills as required by Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class Ranks.
We will be meeting at the Albertsons parking lot and be leaving Friday at 6 p.m. We will leave camp before lunch and should be back in Lacey by 11 am or so.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (optional)
- Pillow (optional)
- Class A Uniform (shirt, neckerchief, slide)
- Mess Kit
- Your Scout Book and Pencil!
- 10 Essentials, new Scouts should bring what you have but don’t worry about having everything yet. Here is the list
- Change of clothes
- Warm clothes (dress for the weather)
- A pen so you can get your book signed off
If you are teaching a class, bring the supplies you will need, or ask someone else to.