The weekend of March 6, 7 and 8, 2015 we will be having our Trail To First Class camp session at Camp Delezenne. Camp Delezenne is Located near Elma, Washington, 35 minutes west of Olympia.
We will be staying indoors, at the Lodge. Scouts that need to setup and sleep in a tent for rank advancement should bring a tent. This is an annual Troop Campout with the purpose of having the older Scouts teach the younger Scouts various skills as required by Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class Ranks. Most of our time will be indoors, but part of the time will be out on the patio and fire ring.
The older boys will be meeting at the Albertsons parking lot and be leaving Friday at 6 p.m. The newer scouts should meet at the Albertsons on Saturday and leave by 8:30 a.m. We will leave camp before lunch and should be back in Lacey by 12 pm or so. For this outing, the Troop is supplying food, you only need to bring your own snacks.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (optional, Scouts will be sleeping on carpet)
- Cot recommended for adults, we will be sleeping over cement
- Pillow (optional)
- Class A Uniform (shirt, necker, slide)
- Mess Kit
- Your Scout Book and Pencil!
- 10 Essentials, new Scouts should bring what you have but don’t worry about having everything yet. Here is the list
- Change of clothes
- Warm clothes to go outside (dress for the weather)
- A pen so you can get your book signed off on Sunday
If you are teaching a class, bring the supplies you will need, or ask someone else to.