There is a Troop Meeting Wednesday (12/11/2013) where we will be having SPL elections. If you cannot make the meeting, let Derik or Mitch know what job you would like to hold and include a statement of interest (why you want it, what you intend to accomplish, etc…keep it short).
Gift Exchange: Bring a wrapped gift up to $10 value (Scouting related) to the meeting and exchange for another. Bring a gift and you get a gift, adults and sibs included. Also, bring cookies or a treat to share at the end of the meeting.
Capital Area Night Hike What is a night hike? The night hike is a 10 mile course that begins at Camp Thunderbird and goes east along the road to the Simpson property around a logging road and back to Camp Thunderbird. There are 10 challenge activities along the way. The hike will occur in all kinds of weather so come prepared. Scouts are evaluated on their performance as a team. Scouts get a patch and breakfast. There will be troop award ribbons for the top three teams. We will be meeting up at the Albertsons on Lilly Road at 5 p.m. on Friday November 22nd. Plan on getting home around 4 a.m. Very important you have your 10 essentials packed. Hiking Boots a MUST! Plan for Rain!
The Court of Honor is scheduled for Thursday, October 24th, starting at 6:30 p.m.. It will be held at River Ridge Covenant Church at 7945 Steilacoom Road Southeast, Olympia, WA 98503. Dallis is the Master of Ceremonies for this event, and he has chosen Foods from Around the Globe to be the Meal Theme. He is requesting the following Patrols use these as their pot luck theme to bring:
Cobra Patrol: Mexican Food
Lightening Eagles: Italian Food
Shadow Hawks: Asian Food
The Troop has always adhered to a conversation minded events and requests that people bring their own (washable at home) dinnerware.
The Court of Honor is a Class A event, and Scouts should wear their Shirts, Scarfs, Ropes, and Sashes.
Dallis will be contacting a few selecting Scouts for assistance during the Court of Honor. We have lots of awards earned in the last six (6) months, so it should be a fun time.
MEET: Saturday, October 19, Albertson on Lily. Cars leave at 12:30 p.m..
RETURN: Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:30 p.m.
MEALS: Patrols have made their meal plans. If you said you were coming, and find you can’t make it, let your patrol know so they can make sure the food is covered.
COST: $5 (for shotgun shooting, .22 Shells, and camping)
DISTANCE: 15 Miles (30 Minutes)
GEAR: Overnight camping gear and the food supplies you were assigned.
Our Shooting Sports Weekend is scheduled for October 19-20, 2013. We will depart the Albertsons Parking Lot on Lily at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 19th. We should return back to the parking lot at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 20th.
The cost is $5.00 per person. This will help cover the shells, range fees and camping.
Scouts can bring their own .22 Rifle or Shotgun, but it will be stored in the Scoutmasters vehicle and locked up, unless on the range.
The Troop 101 Webelos Fun Day is set for Septemgber 20 & 21. Webelos, please arrive around 10 a.m. We have lots of activities planned (a tentative schedule is below).
The location of the event is 90 acres of private property on Hwy 12 near Malone, WA. The mailbox at the property says #5390. Directions from Olympia as follows:
- Take I-5 to US-101 at exit 104 towards Aberdeen/Port Angeles
- Take WA-8 W towards Montesano/Aberdeen
- Take the Mox-Chehalis Rd exit at about mile post 6, go left over the freeway and head south.
- This road makes a T with Hwy 12, turn left (south) on Hwy 12 and take the first immediate driveway on the right; only about 50 feet past the intersection.
- This small private driveway crosses the railroad tracks, pass a side driveway on the right that goes to the house. Continue straight and the drive curves to the right. Hopefully we will have a Troop 101 sign at this point. Follow the drive down to the brown metal barn.
- If you miss the Mox-Chehalis Rd exit, continue on WA-8 towards Elma, take Hwy 12 south, and look for the driveway immediately after the Mox-Chehalis Rd intersection at Malone.
The site is about 35 miles out of Olympia, approximately 45 minutes. If you get lost, call Dennis on his cell (360) 556-5567
Saturday, Sept 21
- 10 a.m. Webelos II Scouts arrive
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Ice breakers, games, set up tents
- 12-1 p.m. Lunch provided by Troop 101
- 1-5 p.m. Program set up by the Boy Scouts which may include: Team building games/challenges, skills, work on Webelos Activity Pins
- 6 p.m. Dinner provided by Troop 101
- Evening Campfire if possible: songs, skits, ‘smores
Sunday, Sep 22
- 7:30 a.m. Reveille
- 8 a.m. Breakfast provided by Troop 101
- No other program for Sunday morning, Cub Scouts may leave when ready. Boy Scouts will clear the site and leave by noon.
If there is an Activity Pin your group would like to work on, click on the Contact Us link and let us know ASAP. Hope to see you there!
For Troop 101 Scouts who are leaving Friday, meet at the Lily Road Albertsons at 5:30 on Friday.