The weekend of May 13, 14 and 15, 2016 we will be having our Trail To First Class camp session at Millersylvania State Park. Millersylvania is an 842 acre park 10 miles south of Olympia, Washington. The park has 6 miles of trails, old-growth cedar and fir trees, and also features camping and 3,300 feet of freshwater shoreline on Deep Lake. The address is 12245 Tilley Road S., Olympia, WA 98512
We will be camping in tents this year. This is an annual Troop Campout with the purpose of having the older Scouts teach the younger Scouts various skills as required by Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class Ranks.
We will be meeting at the Albertsons parking lot and be leaving Friday at 6 p.m. We will leave camp before lunch and should be back in Lacey by 11 am or so.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (optional)
- Pillow (optional)
- Class A Uniform (shirt, neckerchief, slide)
- Mess Kit
- Your Scout Book and Pencil!
- 10 Essentials, new Scouts should bring what you have but don’t worry about having everything yet. Here is the list
- Change of clothes
- Warm clothes (dress for the weather)
- A pen so you can get your book signed off
If you are teaching a class, bring the supplies you will need, or ask someone else to.
First Aid Campout and Merit BadgeFirst aid is one of the most vital skills a scout can posses. On camping trips, there are so many safety hazards that first aid is often required and scouts must be prepared to render first aid, sometimes in harsh conditions. We will be conducting a campout along with a First Aid Merit Badge Clinic coming up April 29th – May 1st. We will leave April 29th at 6 PM and travel to Riverbend campground at Nisqually. On the campout, we will work on requirements for the first aid merit badge as well as practice some very realistic scenarios. Come on out and join us for this opportunity to learn, practice, or sharpen your first aid skills.
The Spring 2016 Court of Honor will be on Thursday, March 31 2016.
The Court of Honor will be at Komachin Middle School at 3650 College Street SE, Lacey (at the corner of College and Mullen). The COH will start at 6:30pm, in the multi-purpose room. Steven B. is our Master of Ceremonies. Steven has selected Comfort foods for the food theme, so bring your favorite dish. Some items of importance:
1. If you have any rank advancements you would like recognized, please get them to Mr. Morhous the week before.
2. Please bring drinks for your family
3. Troop 101 practices conservation, so please bring washable plates and utensils from home and when you are done, take them home for cleaning.
4. This is a formal event, so wear your full uniform (Shirt, Scarf and Troop rope(if you have one).