The Fall 2015 Court of Honor will be on Thursday, October 29, 2015
The Court of Honor will be at Komachin Middle School at 3650 College Street SE, Lacey (at the corner of College and Mullen). The COH will start at 6:30pm, in the multi-purpose room.
Alex A. is our Master of Ceremonies (thank you Alex!). Alex has selected a “Mexican” for the food theme, so bring your favorite south of the border dish.
Some items of importance:
- If you have any rank advancements you would like recognized, please get them to Mr. Johnson the week before.
- Please bring drinks for your family
- Troop 101 practices conservation, so please bring washable plates and utinsels from home and when you are done, take them home for cleaning.
- This is a formal event, so wear your full uniform (Shirt, Scarf and Troop rope (if you have it))
The Troop 101 Webelos Fun Day is set for September 19 & 20. Webelos, please arrive around 10 a.m. We have lots of activities planned (a tentative schedule is below).
The location for this years event is Millersylvania State Park. Millersylvania is an 842 acre park 10 miles south of Olympia, Washington. The park has 6 miles of trails, old-growth cedar and fir trees, and also features camping and 3,300 feet of freshwater shoreline on Deep Lake. Wikipedia
Address: 12245 Tilley Road S., Olympia, WA 98512
For Troop 101 Scouts who are leaving Friday, meet at the Lily Road Hagens (old Albertsons) on the Dairy Queen Side at 6:30 on Friday. Scouts need to being a Sack Supper. Please Arrive on Time!
Everyone (parents too) is invited to the BBQ planning meeting starting at 6:30 at Dennis Longnecker’s house. He will provide Shredded Pork, Hot Dogs, condiments and everyone else provide something else.
During and after the eating, the scouts will work on the activity schedule for the 2015-2016 scouting year. We are Scout led, so this is the time the Scouts get to pick what they want to do! (But you can’t plan eCamp every weekend!) Come…be heard!
MEET: Saturday, August 15, Haggen (old Albertsons) on Lily by the Dairy Queen. Cars leave at 12:30 p.m..
RETURN: Sunday, August 16, 2014 2:30 p.m.
MEALS: Patrols will make meal plans.
COST: $5 (for shotgun shooting, .22 Shells, and camping)
DISTANCE: 15 Miles (30 Minutes)
GEAR: Overnight camping gear and the food supplies you were assigned.
PLANNING: Planning Meeting will be August 4th at 6:30 at our normal location.
Our Shooting Sports Weekend is scheduled for August 15-16, 2015. We will depart the Haggens Parking Lot on Lily at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 15th. We should return back to the parking lot at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16th.
The cost is $5.00 per person. This will help cover the shells, range fees and camping.
Scouts can bring their own .22 Rifle or Shotgun, but it will be stored in the Scoutmasters vehicle and locked up, unless on the range.
The Troop is going Whitewater Rafting.
Just a reminder that all scouts will need to bring
- 10 essentials
- good hiking footware!
- Sack dinner for the drive up
- water shoes or extra shoes that can get wet on the raft
- any special cookware needed to make your meal
- Food for the meal that your our cooking
- Tent if you are responsible for your patrol
- check weather for appropriate clothing.
- $5 for gas
- Money for lunch on the way home Sunday
We will be meeting at Friday, July 31 at 2 p.m.. at the Haggen (old Albertsons) Parking Lot by Dairy queen.