The Troop 101 Webelos Fun Day is set for September 20 & 21. Webelos, please arrive around 10 a.m. We have lots of activities planned (a tentative schedule is below).
The location for this years event is Millersylvania State Park. Millersylvania is an 842 acre park 10 miles south of Olympia, Washington. The park has 6 miles of trails, old-growth cedar and fir trees, and also features camping and 3,300 feet of freshwater shoreline on Deep Lake. Wikipedia
Address: 12245 Tilley Road S., Olympia, WA 98512
Saturday, Sept 20
- 10 a.m. Webelos II Scouts arrive
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Ice breakers, games, set up tents
- 12-1 p.m. Lunch provided by Troop 101
- 1-5 p.m. Program set up by the Boy Scouts which may include: Team building games/challenges, skills, work on Webelos Activity Pins
- 6 p.m. Dinner provided by Troop 101
- Evening Campfire if possible: songs, skits, ‘smores
Sunday, Sep 21
- 7:30 a.m. Reveille
- 8 a.m. Breakfast provided by Troop 101
- No other program for Sunday morning, Cub Scouts may leave when ready. Boy Scouts will clear the site and leave by noon.
If there is an Activity Pin your group would like to work on, click on the Contact Us link and let us know ASAP. Hope to see you there!
For Troop 101 Scouts who are leaving Friday, meet at the Lily Road Albertsons at 5:30 on Friday.
Everyone (parents too) is invited to the BBQ planning meeting starting at 6:30 at Dennis Longnecker’s house. He will provide Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, condiments and everyone else provide something else.
During and after the eating, the scouts will work on the activity schedule for the 2014-2015 scouting year. We are Scout led, so this is the time the Scouts get to pick what they want to do! (But you can’t plan eCamp every weekend!) Come…be heard!
MEET: Saturday, August 16, Albertson on Lily. Cars leave at 12:30 p.m..
RETURN: Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:30 p.m.
MEALS: Patrols will make meal plans.
COST: $5 (for shotgun shooting, .22 Shells, and camping)
DISTANCE: 15 Miles (30 Minutes)
GEAR: Overnight camping gear and the food supplies you were assigned.
Our Shooting Sports Weekend is scheduled for August 16-17, 2014. We will depart the Albertsons Parking Lot on Lily at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 16th. We should return back to the parking lot at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 17th.
The cost is $5.00 per person. This will help cover the shells, range fees and camping.
Scouts can bring their own .22 Rifle or Shotgun, but it will be stored in the Scoutmasters vehicle and locked up, unless on the range.
The Troop is going Whitewater Rafting.
Just a reminder that all scouts will need to bring
- 10 essentials
- good hiking footware!
- Sack lunch for the drive up or eat before
- sack lunch for the hike Sunday
- water shoes or extra shoes that can get wet on the raft
- any special cookware needed to make your meal
- Food for the meal that your our cooking
- Tent if you are responsible for your patrol
- check weather for appropriate clothing.
- $10 for gas
- Money for dinner Sunday in town
- Money for lunch on the way home Monday
We will be meeting at Friday, June 27, 2014 at 12:30. at the Albertsons Parking Lot.
Our Court of Honor is scheduled for Thursday, May 29th, starting at 6:30 p.m.. It will be held at River Ridge Covenant Church at 7945 Steilacoom Road Southeast, Olympia, WA 98503.
Michael is the Master of Ceremonies for this event. The Meal them is ” What is your Favorite Dish?” Please bring your favorite main dish or a side dish. Enough for your family and to share.
Dessert will be provided.
The Troop has always adhered to a conservation minded events and requests that people bring their own (washable at home) dinnerware. The Court of Honor is a Class A event, and Scouts should wear their Shirts, Scarfs, Ropes, and Sashes. Michael will be contacting a few selecting Scouts for assistance during the Court of Honor. We have lots of awards earned in the last six (6) months, so it should be a fun time.